small garden design, Fife
a new perennial garden design
Our client had an unused side garden and decided to have it revamped as a gift.
Used as a washing green and bordering the dogs' kennels the garden was ready for a complete facelift.
We were asked to create a tranquil, restful space with secluded seating and a water feature.
Our client was happy to say goodbye to the lawn and see us address the slope with more interesting, lower maintenance materials.
images twig garden design
the new garden design
- design :: the design is based on a series of sweeping curves to maximise the space and generate a lingering, enjoyable journey through the garden.
- path :: the winding, twisting path is edged with low walls which retain the soil as the garden slopes. The path is topped with light coloured 'hoggin', a very compact, easy-to-walk-on material.
- fountain :: a simple circular pool is brought to life with an arching water fountain. It is built from pale stone which adds to the soft, light style of the garden.
- sheltered seating :: at the top of the garden a curved wall adds shelter to the secluded seat, the perfect viewpoint to enjoy the new garden.
- planting :: gentle swathes of soft, mixed planting throughout the garden provide all year interest.