large contemporary garden design
transforming a blank canvas
Our clients faced a large empty plot when they moved into their new-build home.
With previous gardening experience and a desire to learn more they were keen to transform their 1/4 acre garden in to a rich, plant filled space.
But as this large, overwhelming garden left them at a loss as to where to begin, they called twig in to help.
We were asked to create a vibrant, elegant garden with a strong structure and a diverse planting scheme.
We were to address the difficult slope and embankment, and create a sense of privacy from the ongoing and surrounding building developments.
the new garden design
- design :: we created a traditional garden design with a contemporary twist which balances the new white walls and style of the house with soft, meandering paths through richly planted borders.
- summer deck :: Our clients were also in the process of adding a garden room to their home and requested a large deck area suitable for sitting and socialising on summer days.
- lawn :: a traditional levelled lawn stretches out from the garden room, flanked by mixed planting.
- path :: a twisting grass path snakes up the slope through lush herbaceous and perennial planting to the top of the garden.
- plant borders :: fast growing perennials add immediate colour and structure whilst the larger shrubs mature.
- summer house :: a small contemporary summer house is perched at the top of the slope providing views of the garden.
- feature wall :: a contemporary feature wall at the top of the garden acts as the source of the water feature with a stylish stepped rill creating flow.
- stepped deck platforms :: Decked steps create a lazy meandering journey through the planting down to the deck and pond.
- pond :: a contemporary, white-walled pond is sunk into the deck. Architectural water loving plants provide a splash of colour.